*************************
After losing my Mom roughly three years ago, Mothers Day has become rather bittersweet. I hold no place in my heart for self-pity or jealousy on this Day and instead take the time to reflect on the happy memories my Mom and I shared and to be thankful for the amazing mothers and women in my life. This Mother's Day was particularly lovely. I awoke to a beautiful bouquet on my doorstep from my oldest and dearest friend Sam - to whom I feel a bit like a Mother/Sister. After this I enjoyed a wonderful walk along the breakwater, Dallas Road and through James Bay with Sam's amazing Mum and Sister and spent the rest of the afternoon with my best girlfriends Maddy and T tracking down a missing cellphone. Later that night Maddy and I headed to Sidney for an evening of dining, laughter and wine with Sam's parents at Haro's Restaurant where Sam's Sis served us! Dinner was amazing and Maddy brought homemade pies for dessert. We then headed back to town to catch some live music at Irish Times for Phil's Official Welcome Back to Victoria Gathering.
*Phil is Sam's bestfriend, T's boyfriend and my new roomie.
*********************
Happy Mother's Day Mom.
Rest in Paradise.
xoxo




No comments:
Post a Comment