Although I've lived in Victoria practically my entire life, I've never really realized just how close Seattle is. After a brief, albeit stormy journey we found ourselves outside the clipper terminal in a rather rainy Seattle. Hailing down a taxi was next to impossible so we decided to hoof it to our hotel. Along the way we picked up some birthday essentials including champagne, OJ, wine and strawberries. We stayed at the Fairmont Olympic which was beautifully decorated for the holidays. We arrived on the eve prior to my birthday and as is custom, immediately popped some champagne and made several toasts after donning our bathrobes.
The next day after enjoying our breakfast en suite we spent some time in the hotel's hottub and pool. We then spent some time exploring the city. We took our photo with Santa, strolled Pike Place Market and did some shopping. Before we knew it the sun was setting and we went to Purple where I ordered my first legal alcoholic beverage, without even being carded. We also ordered some phyllo-wrapped brie cheese which was delicious! Following our drinks and appies, we returned to the hotel to get dolled up before heading out to Branzino for a seafood dinner. I hate to admit this, but after dinner, we were all thoroughly exhausted and retired to our hotel room. Thus, I spent my first night as a 21 year old in the United States, in bed.
Maddy unfortunately had to leave early, so for our last full day in Seattle it was me, Trish and T. We went for breakfast at this amazing place called Lolas that specializes in heavenly/sugary donuts. After breakfast we walked to the Science Museum where we perused a temporary King Tut Exhibit (apparently it was the last time the artifacts could be seen outside of Egypt!!). After, we walked over to the world famous music museum (which we loved), went up the Space Needle, and took the mono-rail back towards town for some last minute shopping!
It was my first time in Seattle, and I absolutely loved it. We barely scratched the surface on all their is to explore and can hardly wait to return at some point this summer.
****************
Checking if we'd been naughty or nice.
Hotel dance party.
Mandatory.
My beautiful bestfriends.
Pike Place at night.
Necessities.
Happy Birthday to Me from the Fairmont.
Hangover breakfast, ensuite.
Exploring.
<3.
Yum.
Extra yum.
First legal drink at Purple.
Birthday wishes.
Lola's donuts.
Tourists.
What I wanted to do for my 21st Birthday...
View from the top.
Seattle.
*******************





No comments:
Post a Comment